Art and Social Change, DUST: A Case Study
Written by Donna Jackson and contributing writers, Art and Social Change, DUST: A Case Study, includes articles on the inspiration and influences used to create the style and content of Dust, a large-scale theatre show. The book encompasses:
- community development methodologies
- essays by collaborating artists
- the script and song scores
- learning resources
- a recording of original songs by Mark Seymour
- a half-hour ABC documentary Making Dust by Malcolm McKinnon
'Art and Social Change'
$45 including GST - plus postage
order at email@example.com
Illuminating Arts Practice: Making Large-Scale Projects beyond the Mainstream
This research was an investigation undertaken through artistic practice, specifically the artistic direction of Illuminated by Fire: a multi-artform, multi-site, large-scale artwork on the theme of fire with 15 artists and over 50 other collaborators.
The doctorate analysed the artistic methodology employed by the artistic director throughout the project including from concept development, community engagement, artistic collaboration and audience development perspectives.
Women's Circus Leaping Off the Edge
Have you ever wanted to join the circus? Wondered what goes on behind the scenes? What do trapeze artists think about as they swing through the air? Reading this book lets you become an armchair acrobat.
Established in 1991 as a community theatre project to work with survivors of sexual assault, the Women’s Circus subsequently created innovative shows, toured to China in 1995 and has maintained a training program for women of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds, ages and abilities for fifteen years.
- Verbatim Theatre
- Democratic Art Making and festival processes
- Art and Social Change, DUST: A Case Study,– a method and practice
- Art Leadership and Decision making
- Site Specific Theatre
- Evaluation processes in Democratic art making
- Circus and Side Show - where skeletons dance
Lectures delivered for
- The University of Toronto
- The University Melbourne
- La Trobe University
- Monash University
- Swinburne University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Federation University